Identify Professional or Organization for BRMA Award for Excellence - Nominations due by October 13, 2017 at 5PM PDT
About the BRMA Award of Excellence
The BRMA Award of Excellence is presented annually to a professional or organization that shows excellence in the advancement of the theory and practice of business recovery, disaster recovery, contingency and continuity planning, and emergency response management.
The award is given to recipients who have demonstrated the following attributes:
- A commitment to excellence in the field of business continuity.
- An established business continuity program.
- Promotion of business continuity practices within the organization through awareness and education programs and by the allocation of resources.
- Participation in activities that promote business continuity in the community and with other businesses.
Recipients of the BRMA's Award for Excellence do not have to be members of BRMA, but they need to be nominated by a member of BRMA. Please forward any nominations to a BRMA board member and include:
- The name of the organization or individual you are nominating.
- If you're nominating an organization, include the name and contact information for someone who could represent the organization.
- The reason you believe this organization or individual demonstrates the attributes listed above.
- Your name and contact information.
- If possible, include the name and contact information for others who could serve as references for the organization or individual you are nominating.
Past Award of Excellence recipients have included:
- 2016 — Monika Stoeffl
- 2015 — Dick Evans (EBMUD)
- 2014 — Ernst and Young (EY)
- 2013 — East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD)
- 2012 — San Francisco Department of Emergency Management
- 2011 — San Francisco CARD (Community Agencies Responding to Disaster)
- 2010 — BOMA (Building and Owners and Managers Association) Emergency Preparedness Committee
- 2009 — Peter Ohtaki, BENS
- 2008 — Barbara Davi, PMI Mortgage Insurance
- 2007 — Genentech
- 2006 — Barry Cardoza, Union Bank of California
- 2005 — Mary Clare Bennett, CMP Media
- 2004 — Dave Morgan, Zenith Insurance Company
- 2003 — John Laye, Contingency Management Consultants
- 2002 — Shirley Ono, Macy's West
- 2001 — San Francisco Ready
- 2001 — Jeanne Perkins, Earthquake Program Manager for ABAG
- 2000 — Terry Gitlin, Santa Clara County OES
- 1999 — Regina Phelps, Emergency Management & Safety Solutions
- 1998 — Levi Strauss & Company
- 1997 — UC Extension Emergency Preparedness Planning and Management Certification Course
- 1996 — Chevron
- 1995 — Charles Schwab
- 1994 — Pacific Bell
About the President’s Award
The BRMA Board of Director’s have the opportunity to recognize a member’s outstanding contribution to the organization by awarding them the BRMA President’s Service Award. The definition of what contribution merits the award is defined by the current serving Board. The nomination is made by a Board member or directly by the President. A majority vote secures the nomination and the Promotions Director orders the award and manages the presentation at the Annual Meeting. There is not a requirement to make this award each year.
Past President's Service Award recipients have included:
- 2016 — Lisa Trousdale
- 2015 — Monika Stoeffl
- 2012 — Jeff Fenton
- 2011 — Miriam Meeker
- 2011 — Barry Cardoza
- 2009 — Dick Evans
- 2008 — Teresa Urekew